Dell Computer
Dell Computer

17 July 2009

Sensitivity and the sunrise

I stayed up all night again waiting for something to happen
I'm not sure anymore what I expect that to be
but the hum of the refrigerator can't clue me in

felt that cumming inside you would make some difference but it doesn't
I don't think there was ever a chance that you and I would have a child
Or maybe it's just me that wouldn't or won't ever

Taken back to piles of beer cans
burned down packs of reds that just don't seem to be an option anymore
Now that everyone has moved on and found
that something

commiserate with the absurdity of being 38 and alone again
watch you pass through me
folding up the memory of us
depositing it, so easily
leaving it alone, too

spin off into nothing nothing nothing
just an ache and (literally)
a broken heart

wait for that to punt out or just forget to take my pill
and sink down into the lovely restful sleep I just can't seem to
get anymore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home