Dell Computer
Dell Computer

12 October 2011

Does she keep lists

of things I've done wrong
in that new apartment

she asked me about
the credit listing
the foreclosure of our house
is that all
all that's left of what we have to say to each other

I keep lists
and I know everything I did wrong and all the lessons
I didn't learn
all the ways I never managed to grow up

caroline
the fucked up way I dealt with that

caroline
3 syllables and a song i used to like
crow on the cover
touching your knee

touching your knee
crying on your back
listening to you at jonas hole
back when I still might have had a change
just let it slide by

the last moment
nicole outside the window of that red corolla
just that moment
that exact, specific second
watching her crouch down
passenger side
not knowing what she'd say
just what I wanted
shooting pool
dive bar
dancing to purple haze

that's the high point
and it all went down from there

i should have kissed her
nicole, that is


dm
10/3/11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home