Dell Computer
Dell Computer

24 July 2013


All the songs I listened to

Thinking of you
that you never heard

Its how we don't escape
gods that never knew us
the little sleep that 
rounds out the jagged edge
of mornings call

wooden, deep and crowned
with thorny, silken real
only the chance of deeping coomb
the mess I'll leave behind

II

The things that stare back at me
Bof all the good that's ended
the last of whatever poetry was in me
gone, lost in the swelling throom

some sweet words
the way you said my name
and shared it, small imperfect circle of platinum
and friends
surprise birthday parties
holding your face in my hands

I told you I loved you one hundred and fifty feet off the ground
no one else around, just a sudden drop
dark, with the city and stars around us

all that history, unshared
same place, different people

III

Beautiful, young, lilting chords
I could listen to songs too painful before
Mountain water, cold and shocking
Laurel-scented air
the bars dark tables ringed
with my past, you and I

I wonder how much he really gets you
some small part of me hopes he won't
I cling to the thought of us
there, our place and time
ambered, sepia-toned finally

Lost and squandered
my fault and regret
hopelessly caught together

I am haunted by endings
and the soft, mellow dark sound
of stringed wood through
mountain air

v.1
dm
24July2013
Beaumont, TX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home