Dell Computer
Dell Computer

02 August 2006

Nicole

I used to have hair
and the courage that came with it
bad boy, with all the trimmings
and a trail of broken hearts

and when I look at prints of him
smirk and earring(s)
bangs in eyes
I understand why I met you

a heady rush, a crash
once upon a time in a summer addiction
carried through
still with me, a physical impact
the force of you

still that last small distance
potential only inches away
an organic cuve, shaped by the negative space
between our bodies...

...remember dancing close and alone
SRV into purple haze and you
eyes closed and beautiful
beer held tilted, arm crooked
the other around my neck

that club isn't the same anymore
the pool tables are gone
they speak a different language

and all i want is to drink japonese beer
with the top down, the smell of cabriot leather
and salt air, pina coladas at sundown
and two bottles of wine

glory mercy peace truth
Miles and 'train
camping in your backyard
close in my arms, feeling the nowness of it
and knowing its over


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, have some gratitude for finding words to express that beautiful thing that happens between two people- that thing that never really happened at all.
Love you, Dave... in that kindred way...
- one "l"

8/16/2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home